The world of specialty coffee is a fast-growing one, and with it comes an array of amazing options to choose from. Chameleon Cold Brew is one such option that has been gaining popularity in recent years thanks to its smooth flavor and ever-growing product range. It’s made by steeping organic fair trade coffee beans for up to 24 hours – resulting in a rich concentrate filled with natural goodness. But how much caffeine does this delicious drink contain? In this article we’ll take a look at the nutritional info and ingredients of Chameleon Cold Brew as well as its flavors, before delving into just how much caffeine can be found inside each cup!
Chameleon Cold Brew Drinks
Chameleon Cold Brew is sold in 4 styles:
- Cold brew concentrate
- Ready to drink cold brew
- Ready to drink whole milk latte
- Ready to drink oat milk latte
Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate
Chameleon’s cold brew concentrate comes in a variety of flavors. Each is sold in a 32 oz bottle that contains 8 servings. As the name suggests, the cold brew in these bottles is highly concentrated and typically, water, milk or creamers are used to dilute the drink.
- Texas Pecan
- New Orleans Style
Chameleon Cold Brew RTD
While the concentrate needs to be diluted, the same isn’t true for the aptly named “ready to drink” range. These come in 2 styles. The first is their classic range of cold brews that are sold in 10 oz bottles:
- Original Black Coffee Cold Brew
- Espresso Smooth Black Cold Brew Coffee
- Mocha Coffee
- Vanilla Coffee
- Mexican Coffee
- Chicory (discontinuted)
The second is their range of cold brews that are pre-blended with whole milk. They also offer a number of oat milk options. These come in several flavors and are sold in 8 oz cans and 46 oz bottles.
- Cinnamon Dolce Whole Milk Latte
- Café Latte Whole Milk Latte
- Pecan Whole Milk Latte
- Mexican Whole Milk Latte
- Maple Oat Milk Latte
- Chameleon Original Oat Milk Latte
- Dark Chocolate Oat Milk Latte
- Peppermint Mocha (Limited Edition)
- Gingersnap Oat Milk Latte (Limited Edition)
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Milk Latte (Limited Edition)
Chameleon Cold Brew Caffeine Content
Chameleon cold brew concentrate has 270mg of caffeine per 4 oz serving. That equates to 67.5mg of caffeine per fluid ounce. In a standard 32 oz bottle, there are 8 servings for a total of 2160mg of caffeine.
The ready to drink range of Chameleon cold brew are sold in 10 oz glass bottles. Each 10 oz serving has 230mg of caffeine per bottle.
The ready to drink whole milk lattes and oat milk lattes have 9.09 mg of caffeine per fl oz. They are sold in 8 oz single serve cans and 46 oz bottles. An 8 oz can of Chameleon cold brew latte has 72.72mg of caffeine. A 46 oz bottle of Chameleon cold brew latte has 418.14mg of caffeine.
|Caffeine (mg per 8 oz)
|Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate
|Chameleon Cold Brew Ready to Drink Bottle
|Chameleon Cold Brew Whole Milk Latte
|Chameleon Cold Brew Oat Milk Latte
Chameleon Cold Brew Caffeine Vs Other Popular Cold Brew Drinks
When analyzing caffeine content, Chameleon’s suite of coldbrews rank very highly, especially when compared to the caffeine in Starbucks cold brew and other well known brands. In fact, the only brand we know of with a higher concentration of caffeine per serving is Death Wish Coffee which has 300mg per 8 ounces. Here’s a look at how some of the other big names in the industry stack up.
|Caffeine Content (mg)
|Chameleon Cold Brew
|10 fl oz
|Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate
|4 fl oz
|Starbucks Cold Brew
|16 fl oz
|Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew
|12 fl oz
|Stumptown Cold Brew
|12 fl oz
|Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew
|16 fl oz
|Peet’s Coffee Nitro Cold Brew
|12 fl oz
|Caribou Coffee Nitro Cold Press
|12 fl oz
|Blue Bottle New Orleans Iced Coffee
|12 fl oz
Chameleon Whole Bean and Ground Coffees
As well as their cold brew drinks, Chameleon also sells their own range of coffees. These are all available as whole beans or ground coffee and are sold in 9 oz bags.
- Chameleon Guatemala Coffee
- Dark & Handsome Chameleon Coffee
- Churro Chameleon Coffee
- Daybreaker Chameleon Coffee
Nutritional Profile of Chameleon Coffees
When it comes to nutritional content, Chameleon Cold Brew products vary depending on the specific product and flavor. However, we’ve laid out some general information. This includes the number of calories, and the sugar and fat content. Remember this data may be different for each flavor, so be sure to check the label for the exact, flavor-specific numbers.
- The Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate has approximately 10 calories per 4 oz serving.
- The ready-to-drink bottles of Chameleon Cold Brew have approximately 20-30 calories per 10 oz bottle.
- The ready-to-drink whole milk lattes and oat milk lattes have approximately 80-110 calories per 8 oz can.
- The Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate has 0g of sugar per 4 oz serving.
- The ready-to-drink bottles of Chameleon Cold Brew have 0-1g of sugar per 10 oz bottle.
- The ready-to-drink whole milk lattes and oat milk lattes have approximately 6-10g of sugar per 8 oz can.
- The Chameleon Cold Brew Concentrate has 0g of fat per 4 oz serving.
- The ready-to-drink bottles of Chameleon Cold Brew have 0g of fat per 10 oz bottle.
- The ready-to-drink whole milk lattes and oat milk lattes have approximately 3-5g of fat per 8 oz can.
Chameleon Coffee Taste Profile
Given the variety of styles and flavors on offer, it’s no surprise there are a wide array of taste profiles found in Chameleon’s beverages. Here’s what you can expect from each:
- Black: A classic coffee flavor with some milk chocolate notes.
- Espresso: A bit more of a kick than the black flavor to mimic the crema rich Italian classic.
- Churro: Warm cinnamon and sugar brings out the taste of fresh churros from a Latin American street vendor.
- Mocha: Indulgent, chocolaty goodness.
- Vanilla: A touch of Madagascan vanilla and light sweetness.
- Texas Pecan: For fans of pecan pie.
- Caramel: Fresh honey with a touch of creaminess.
- New Orleans Style: Chicory flavors have an earthiness and nuttiness that evoke the taste of freshly brewed coffee served on the streets of New Orleans.
Great Choice for a Caffeine Kick
Chameleon Cold Brew is a delicious and refreshing coffee drink that comes in a variety of flavors. It contains varying amounts of caffeine depending on the style you choose, ranging from 72mg in an 8oz latte, to 270mg per 4oz serving for the concentrate. Moreover, each flavor has its own unique taste profile that ranges from classic coffee notes to rich chocolaty sweetness. Whether you’re looking for an energizing pick-me-up or just want a tasty caffeine boost on a warm day, Chameleon Cold Brew is sure to have something for everyone.
How much caffeine is in the Chameleon Cold-Brew?
There is 270mg of caffeine in Chameleon Cold-Brew concentrate. This is the equivalent of 67.5mg per fluid oz. Their RTD range has 230mg of caffeine per 10oz serving and their RTD milk lattes have 72.72mg of caffeine in every 8oz can.
Is cold brew coffee higher in caffeine?
Cold brew coffee is typically higher in caffeine than regular hot-brewed coffee due to the brewing process that uses more ground beans and less water. This means that it may contain up to twice as much caffeine, depending on how long the beans are steeped and the ratio of grounds to water used.
Who bought Chameleon cold brew?
Nestle Corporation bought Chameleon cold brew in 2017. This was a quick follow up their acquisition of Blue Bottle Coffee 2 months prior. Less than five years later in June 2022, the brand was purchased from Nestle USA by SYSTM Foods,
Is Chameleon Cold-Brew healthy?
Chameleon Cold-Brew is healthy. It is rich in antioxidants and low in acidity. Chameleon Cold-Brew can help reduce inflammation and promote better digestion. It has no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. The flavored range are less healthy as they contain processed sugar and artificial flavors.